Terms of Reference for the Development and Maintenance of MEETMED Website
1. Background on the MEETMED Project
The project Mitigation Enabling Energy Transition in the Mediterranean Region (MEETMED Project) has been developed by the Mediterranean Association of National Agencies for Energy Management (MEDENER) and by the Regional Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) and is financed by the European Commission as part of the EU Energy and Climate Diplomacy for two years from May 2018 until April 2020.
The MEETMED Project aims at two specific objectives:
(i) enhancing the share of Renewable Energy Sources (RES) and Energy Efficiency (EE) in the energy mix of Southern Eastern Mediterranean (SEM) countries;
(ii) supporting the Union for Mediterranean (UfM) REEE Platform.
The implementation of MEETMED Project is entrusted to the MEETMED Secretariat in the interest of MEDENER, which is an international no-profit organization gathering agencies from North and South of the Mediterranean region in charge of implementing public policies on energy efficiency and promotion of renewable energy sources; and in the interest of RCREEE, which is an intergovernmental organization aiming to enable and increase the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency practices in the Arab region.
The deliverables (workshops, reports, trainings, papers, seminars) of the MEETMED Project shall be disseminated among specific stakeholders in the energy sector at the regional level among others by means of a website dedicated to the MEETMED Project.
2. Objectives and Expected Results of the Requested Service
The MEETMED Secretariat hereby calls for applications from interested parties to provide a Service with the following objectives:
- Development of logo and corporate image, including footer and letterhead, conference folders, business cards, brochures and project charts.
- Development, management, updating and technical maintenance of a MEETMED website matching the specific requirements of the MEETMED team set below.
- Providing 2 options for the website with different themes meeting the criteria below
3. Scope of the Requested Service
- Create MEETMED logo and corporate image to be implemented in the MEETMED website and in the MEETMED external communication tools (e.g. social media, conference materials, publications) according to the basic guidelines (see Annex I) to be validated by the MEETMED Secretariat.
- Design of the MEETMED website respecting the requirements for implementing partners set in the Communication and Visibility in EU-financed external actions guidelines.
- Design and develop the structure of the MEETMED website, taking into account that the website shall:
- be user friendly,
- have an attractive design and page layout,
- have a functional and smart structure,
- be easy to update and maintain,
- have flexible navigation and search function;
- easy to connect to counting function for viewers and web pages visited, etc.
- Recommendations for software, hardware, and other back-end applications for hosting and developing the MEETMED website.
- Propose synthetic structure and main functions (users interface, administration access rights,…).
- Create the contents (in collaboration with the MEETMED Secretariat) for the interface pages.
- Make recommendations for backup/restore plan.
- Test and online development, followed by a training to MEETMED Communication Officer on website maintenance and content update.
- Referencing the website (Google, Chrome, Mozilla, Yahoo search, etc.)
- Website hosting service from 2018 until 2020.
- Warranty and maintenance service at least for the whole project’s lifetime.
4. Structure and Functions of the MEETMED Website
- Both English and French versions are required, and a template for Arabic version is desirable.
- Websites content shall include the following types:
- Landing page:
- Final logo and corporate image (see ANNEX I)
- Welcoming note (brief introduction)
- Working areas and relevant news
- “About MEETMED” section, containing:
- description of project’s activities and achievements,
- name and logo of the partners involved, plus a subpage containing description, contacts and link to the website for each of them
- “MEETMED” team and experts section, containing:
- Secretariat, containing role in the project, brief bios and contacts for each component of the MEETMED secretariat
- Experts, containing mention to their involvement and role in the project and their brief bios.
- A “News” section, containing:
- Relevant news about MEETMED (activities, publications, events, press)
- An “Events” section, containing:
- MEETMED events (workshops, seminars, meetings, conferences)
- A “Press” section, containing:
- press releases
- articles on MEETMED-related activities.
- A “Publications” section, containing:
- MEETMED publications (reports, surveys, papers)
- MEETMED brochures
- MEETMED training material developed in the framework of the project.
- Landing page:
All published MEETMED materials should be available to be downloaded.
- A “Resources database on Energy Transition for the Mediterranean” section, containing:
- Overview of EU-funded projects in this specific sector
- Information on energy efficiencies indicators
- Brief description of and link to EE & RE policies for the Mediterranean Region
- “Contacts” section:
- General email contacts
- Link to social media accounts
- Contacts of the MEETMED team.
N.B. The MEETMED logo as well as the MEDENER, RCREEE and official EU emblem MUST be displayed in the footer in each page of the website. Below them, there must be the following official disclaimer: “This website was created and maintained with the financial support of the European Union. Its contents are the sole responsibility of MEETMED and do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Union.”
- Subscribe email for MEETMED newsletter
- Link to MEETMED social media accounts in the “Contacts” section and in some other pages to be decided in consultation with the client.
- Link to MEDENER’s and RCREEE’s websites as well as to affiliated entities’ websites in some pages to be decided in consultation with the client.
- Enable in site request/search function, specifically in all the pages of the “Activities” and “Publications” sections (sort by name, date, concerned country or topic).
- Download function for all the dissemination material uploaded in the website.
- Analytics for admin view only, indicating publications download rate and visitors’ rate to the MEETMED website
- Photo and Video gallery as subpage of the “events” page
- Automatic homepage recover (optional)
5. Timeline of the Requested Service
- Start of the requested service by 25 July 2018;
- Final version of the MEETMED logo and corporate image by 24 August 2018;
- Provisional version of the MEETMED website by 31 August 2018;
- Final version of the MEETMED website by 21 September 2018.
6. Qualifications and Selection Criteria
- Applicant must be a legal entity registered in the EU, Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, occupied Palestinian territory (oPt), Tunisia.
- Applicant must be a reputable company with solid knowledge and prior experience in providing similar service to international clients
- Able to provide all documents and to train clients in English
- Solid knowledge on website security and website hosting service
7. Offer submission
- The applicant should submit an offer for the requested service, including:
- two graphic prototypes of the MEETMED logo and of the website together with a brief note on their implementation.
- its best quotation for the requested service, including the below information:
- Website design and setup;
- Domain name and website hosting for 2018, 2019 and 2020;
- Related software license;
- Maintenance service for at least 2018, 2019 and 2020;
- List of references (current and former clients in international affairs, energy sector, or related fields).
- budget explained item by item and indicative timeline for the implementation of the requested service.
Applicants should send a detailed offer by email in PDF format, no later than 20 July 2018.
ANNEX I – Logo Basic Guidelines
- Format and Varieties
The logo must be reproducible in different formats and chromatic variations, including monochrome as well as black and white one.
It is suggested that the logo contains the following two colours (or slightly different shades of them):
- Green – RGB R22 x G165 x B63
- Blue – RGB R24 x G41 x B81
Logo: Arial 26
Pay-off: Calibri 12
- Inspiring keywords
The logo must be inspired to the concepts of:
- Mediterranean region
- Energy transition
- Energy efficiency
- Renewable energy
- Development cooperation.