The TaqaWay sustainable energy knowledge portal is a joint collaborative initiative between the League of Arab States (LAS) and the Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE). TaqaWay is an information portal for the Arab region. In a new way, it presents a streamlined renewable energy and energy efficiency data. TaqaWay also includes visual statistics, and information on Arab countries’ market capabilities, institutions, projects, stakeholders, and policies on a single online portal. In addition, it provides tools for data analysis and benchmarking Arab countries’ readiness and market capabilities in renewable energy and energy efficiency. Some features and contents of TaqaWay have been developed with additional kind support of UN-ESCWA and UNEP.
TaqaWay is intended to help policy makers, non-governmental institutions, investors, academia, experts, and researchers to find reliable, accurate and updated information on sustainable energy in the Arab region. All data is free and accessible to the public within an interactive and high-quality end-user experience.
TaqaWay beta version was launched on the 5th World Statictics Day.
- An online repository of the Arab region sustainable energy data via TaqaWay Sustainable Energy Knowledge Portal (www.taqaway.net)
- An online expert platform which allows users to discuss the latest energy topics in an interactive manner via forums, messages and workspaces through TaqaWay Sustainable Energy Network (www.taqaway.net/network)
- An E-learning platform including online courses in collaboration with our partners such as the League of Arab States, UN-ESCWA and UNEP.
- Providing information portal on the Arab region energy statistics, data, analysis, policies information and institutions
- Promoting interaction and networking among members of the sustainable energy community
- Facilitating access to energy information, analysis and statistics
- Developing Arab experts knowledge through on-line courses and relevant capacity building programs
- Removing obstacles facing decision makers, investors, and academics in the preparation of energy balances
For further Information, please contact:
RE Engineering Specialist
Telephone: +202 241 54755 (Ext. 224)