Enabling women in Sustainable Energy Field: A step towards sustainable communities" Workshop
The Arab region witnessed a significant progress in the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; yet clean energy sector misses the full benefits of a diverse workforce.
Women can play a crucial role in upscaling energy access in remote, hard-to-reach areas especially in the Southern countries. Studies show that integrating women in the energy value chain results in more clean energy actions, and greater financial returns on investment.
To shed the light on this important topic, RCREEE in cooperation with Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung are jointly organizing " Enabling women in Sustainable Energy Field: A step towards sustainable communities" Workshop on the side of International Beirut Energy Forum under the patronage of H.E. Nada Boustani, Minister of Energy and Water in Lebanon.
The workshop brings together a diversified mix of speakers championing workplace diversity and inclusion to discuss the impact of diverse workforce and the needed steps for an inclusive workspace. We have the honor of welcoming:
- H.E. Minister of Energy and Water- Lebanon, Ms. Nada Boustani
- RCREEE Executive Director, Dr. Ahmed Badr
- FES Program Manager | Climate and Energy Project, Ms. Ronja Schiffer
- LCEC Board President, Eng. Pierre El Khoury
- League of Arab States, Head of Energy Department-Eng. Jamila Mattar
- ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency, Ms. Monica MADUEKWE
- RCREEE Senior Sustainable Energy Expert, Ms. Sara Ibrahim Elhag
- Laur' us Consulting, CEO &Founder, Ms. Fatma M'Selmi Baklouti
- Green Mind NGO,President and co-founder, Nada Zaarou
- Jordan Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (JREEEF), Project Development Manager- Eng. Lina Mobaideen
- Kuwait Engineers without Borders, Founder & CEO - Eng. Zainab Garashi
- The Sudanese Artik Energy Start up Cofounder- Ms. Salma El Shiekh
- GWNET Executive Director- Ms. Christin Lins
- FES mentoring program- Ms. Sabrina Fawaz
- RCREEE Senior Operations Specialist and APSEY Program Coordinator- Ms. Yasmeen Oraby
- LCEC Program Development Officer, Ms. Patil Mesrobian
It will walk the attendees through learning journey about the gender challenges in clean energy sector from international, regional scopes. The region attempts to address this matter to ensure an inclusive workforce to move full speed towards achieving the SDG. Speakers from different sectors will show case inspiring stories.
Accumulating all participants’ experiences, RCREEE will discuss the initial steps needed for gender supportive actions in energy sector.
The workshop will give the attendees opportunities to:
- Gain insights on women involvement in the energy sector
- Get acquainted with regional and international initiatives supporting a diverse energy workforce
- Be part of paving the way forward for stronger female engagement in Clean Energy Sector
- Network with various stakeholder
Logistics and inquires
- Date: 25 September 2019
- Location: Beirut, Lebanon
- Venue: Le Royal Hotel
For registration and inquires, please contact:
Yasmeen Oraby, RCREEE Senior Operations Specialist ([email protected])