RCREEE Migratory Birds Photo Contest
In the celebration of the World Migratory Bird Day 2021 and under the slogan "Sing, Fly, Soar – Like a Bird", RCREEE is pleased to announce launching “RCREEE Migratory Birds Photo Contest” to catch migratory soaring birds during their migration.
2. What are we looking for?
We are calling specialized photographers to share their best shots capturing one of the following
- Migratory (soaring) birds during their migration
- Migratory birds soaring near powerlines, wind turbines in the Gulf of Suez area
- Migratory birds soaring near waste management facility
- Photos of birds in captivity will not be accepted.
- Photos of bird collision fatalities or bird fatalities will not be accepted.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will be disqualified. Acceptable alterations are adjustments to color, contrast, brightness, and sharpness; removal of dust and scratches.
- Photos should participate for the first time. Photos that have been submitted or participated in other contests will not be accepted.
- Photos that do not meet these requirements may or may not be judged at the judging panel's sole discretion.
The winning photo will be displayed on RCREEE’s social media platforms. Additionally, the winning photo will be used in RCREEE upcoming ATMP / bird migration report with recognition of the winner. The winner will also receive a certificate.
4. Your Rights
Contestants will retain all rights to any photograph you submit - including ownership if applicable. However, by entering photos into the Contest, each entrant grants RCREEE a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive license, including all rights to sub-license, to exercise all rights of whatever kind or nature now and hereafter protected by the Copyright Laws of all countries in and to the entered photographs and any accompanying descriptions.
5. Eligibility & Judging
To ensure eligibility for the Contest all photos should submit the highest quality photo possible – ideally 300 dpi (2550 pixels wide by 3300 pixels tall), with a minimum of 1800 pixels on the longest side. Photos should be between 5MB and 10MB in size. The preferred file format is JPEG.
RCREEE panel will determine winner eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion. The panel will select the winner based on technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit and quality.
Five of the photos will be chosen to be judged by fans on RCREEE Facebook page based on the number of likes received to determine top three for the panel to choose the winner photo.
All decisions made by the judges are final.
6. Equal Opportunities
RCREEE is an equal opportunity organization. All qualified contestants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability, or marital status.
7. How to apply
All photos must be submitted to RCREEE via email at email@example.com. You must put in the subject line “RCREEE Photo Contest- WMBD2021” and include the following details:
- Name of the copyright owner, including how the photo should be credited,
- Caption for the photo, including the subject of the photo,
- The location where the photo was taken,
- Each contestant/individual may enter no more than 3 photos, and they must be his/her own work and must be submitted with all of the information outlined above.
- The deadline for submitting entries is 18 October 2021 at 15:00 Cairo Local Time.
- Public voting via social media platform winner will be held for at least 3 day period. Winners will be notified and announced via email by 26 October 2021.
RCREEE reserves the right to adjust any deadline(s) as the result of causes beyond its immediate control.
*Emails without subject line will be automatically discarded.
**Only short-listed candidates will be contacted