“Expert : Arab Electricity Interconnection and Establishment of Pan-Arab Electricity Market at Energy Department- League of Arab States”February 21, 2022
Call for Applicants from the Private Sector to join RCREEE Executive CommitteeFebruary 22, 2022
The Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) is an intergovernmental organization with diplomatic status that aims to enable and increase the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency practices across Pan-Arab countries and is the official technical arm institution of both League of Arab State – Energy Department and Arab Ministerial Council for Electricity (AMCE).
RCREEE teams-up with governments, international organizations, IFIs and Private Sector via several forms of partnerships to initiate and lead clean energy policy dialogues, strategies, technologies, managing the facilitation of RE investment platforms and capacity development in order to increase Arab states’ share of tomorrow’s modern energy solutions.
More about RCREEE: https://www.rcreee.org/node/279/
- Scope of Work
The “business development and projects’ support specialist” will assist the business development and planning team in expanding the business portfolio of the center. The responsibilities and duties of business development and projects’ support specialist” include:
- Communicate with relevant funding organizations partners through concept notes, strategy road maps for action and/or participate in relevant calls/meetings
- Perform regular check-ups of business opportunities/calls for tenders in partner portals (World Bank, EU, EBRD, etc.)
- Support project proposal development, design and coordination
- Formulate key sections of grant proposals (such as the justification, strategy, activities, and logical frameworks).
- Develop unsolicited proposals to submit for funding
- Support RCREEE presence in networks/agreements such as Green Climate Fund, Union for the Mediterranean and IRENA’s Coalition for Action
- Update records of existing partners’ status, including archiving contract details, stakeholder’s database, documents and ongoing activities in coordination with all departments
- Represent RCREEE in conferences, expanding network and identifying new partnerships and grant opportunities
- Identify and subscribe to relevant magazines and news portals (Renewable Now, Climate Action News, ESI Africa) tackling market development and business opportunities
- Ensure flow of communication on planning and development updates with all departments.
- Support Cost/Revenue analysis for existing and potential projects
- Prepare all status reports in coordination with all departments
- Prepare all required ad hoc reports
- Resolve all issues in planning procedures and analyze ongoing project activities to ensure progress and compliance with action plan, relevant laws, contracts or regulations
- Job requirements
- Fluency in Arabic and English (verbal and written)
- Previous experience in business development activities and assignments including proposal writing
- Strong analytical skills, oral and written communication and team building skills
- Clear and effective communication that builds relationships in order to expand the business portfolio
- High level of computer proficiency (in particular PowerPoint and MS Word).
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation
- Ability to work in international and multicultural environment
- Demonstrative experience in preparing well structures technical reports
- Excellent research, reports writing and documentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills including good coordination and effective working relations with stakeholders
- Minimum education level is a degree from a well-recognised university in engineering, business administration or a related field is preferred
- At least three (3) years progressively responsible professional work experience in the field of energy specifically renewable energy and energy efficiency projects.
- Good knowledge of funding organizations and agencies with a good knowledge about their tendering procedures.
- Good knowledge in worldwide consulting community.
- General Terms and Conditions
- The position is open to candidates from RCREEE member states only, willing to join RCREEE as soon as possible.
- The Candidate is required to work from RCREEE’s Cairo office. S/He will comply with RCREEE COVID-19 protective and safety measures
- Tenure of Appointment
- The initial appointment will be for 12 months including a 3-month probation period.
- The contract extension will be subject to performance, needs and availability of funds
- Equal Opportunity
- RCREEE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability, or marital status.
- How to apply
Qualified candidates should send an updated CV and a cover letter highlighting relevant work experience to: email@example.com noting the following:
- Deadline: August 4, 2021 (11:59 Cairo Local Time)
- Email subject line: “Business Development and Project Support Specialist”
*Emails without subject line will be automatically discarded
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted