Call for Candidates to the Position “Renewable Energy Expert”February 22, 2022
Call for candidates to the position of Communications SpecialistFebruary 22, 2022
|Location: Cairo, Egypt
||Application Deadline: December 31, 2015
|Apply to: email@example.com
The Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) is a not-for-profit regional organization founded by governmental representatives from ten Arab countries in 2008 and headquartered in Cairo. RCREEE’s mission is to initiate regional policy dialogues and promote strategies and partnerships favorable to Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RE&EE) investments in the member states of the Arab region.
Today, RCREEE has 17 Arab countries among its member states. RCREEE strives to serve the needs of all Arab States through multiple projects implemented in close cooperation with different regional and international organizations. RCREEE’s funding is made possible by grant agreements with “Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit” (GIZ), and the government of Egypt as well as through member states contributions and fee-for-service contracts.For information on RCREEE and its activities, please visit http://www.rcreee.org
Prospective Partnerships & Opportunities
- Support the Planning Director to develop partnership opportunities for RCREEE in concurrence with RCREEE fundraising and partnerships strategies:
- Contributing to the design and pursuit of prospective partnership strategy with Executive Director, Business Development Director, and technical department;
- Supporting the identification of potential local and international business development and grant opportunities along with previously defined prospective partnership strategy and targets.
- Support the Planning Director to lead fundraising proposal development processes and assist drafting key sections of grant proposals (such as the justification, strategy, activities, monitoring and evaluation plans, and logical frameworks) in close coordination with the strategic and the technical departments.
- Package grant proposals to suit the requirements of different donors.
- Lead the tracking of all proposal development activities to ensure effective communication.
Partnership Management & Institutional Representation
- Support Planning Director with the follow-up of institutional activities with RCREEE cooperation partners and processes.
- Keep records of the status of existing RCREEE institutional partners, including archive and manage relevant information regarding each partner such as contract details, documents and ongoing activities.
- Serve as liaison point for institutional relations with RCREEE cooperation partners.
- Conduct institutional representation, outreach, networking and develop partnerships with local and international actors.
- Ensure successful on-going partners and stakeholders’ relationship management, keep partners informed of RCREEE activities updates and follow up on ongoing outreach and relationship activities.
- Represent RCREEE at partnership events and maintain a strong and professional image of RCREEE among stakeholders and partners.
- Perform other relevant tasks as advised by the management.
- University degree in business management, international relations, international development or any other relevant field.
- Master’s degree is a plus.
- Four years of professional experience, of which at least experience in a fundraising position preferably in the development sector.
- Demonstrated track record of writing project proposals.
- Experience and success taking initiative in developing business partnerships.
- Experience working in a similar organization in the fields of RE/EE is preferred.
Knowledge and skills:
- Fluency in Arabic and English (verbal and written). French is a plus.
- Excellent writing, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex arguments in simple terms.
- Clear and effective communication that builds relationships in order to mediate common interests.
- Basic knowledge of development and project tendering processes, fundraising, and stakeholder engagement. Basic knowledge of renewable energy and energy efficiency sector.
- Advanced representation and negotiation skills.
- Conceptual and analytical skills.
- High level of computer proficiency (in particular Powerpoint and MS Word).
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation.
To apply please send CV and cover letter highlighting relevant work experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest by December 31, 2015. Please indicate in Message Subject: Business Development Specialist. Emails without a subject line will be automatically discarded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.