Call for Candidates to the position of Content Management Officer /Copy EditorFebruary 22, 2022
Call for candidates to the position of events and communications internFebruary 22, 2022
Position: Document processing and Data entry Intern
Reports to: Verification Unit Coordinator
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Application Deadline: 30 July, 2015
Contract: The selected candidate will start in August 2015 on a 3 months contract
Application Submission: Qualified candidates should send an updated CV and a 1-page motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Document processing and Data entry Intern. Emails without a subject line will be discarded
The Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency is an independent not-for-profit regional organization which aims to enable and increase the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency practices in the Arab region. RCREEE teams with regional governments and international organizations to initiate and lead clean energy policy dialogues, strategies, technologies and capacity development in order to increase Arab States’ share of tomorrow’s energy. RCREEE was founded with the broad aim of providing a unique learning and exchange platform on renewable energy and energy efficiency in the Arab region.www.rcreee.org
About the Verification Unit
The Verification Unit embedded within the Research and Analysis Unit of RCREEE which contains Data collection and Verification. The aim of the unit is to ensure that data and contents collected for upload to the TaqaWay information system (www.taqaway.net) is accurate and reliable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult documents and extract all relevant data involves (statistics and indicators). This will be either based on a pre-defined set of definitions provided by the team or not
- Follow specific guidelines and instructions to enter the data into excel templates
- Conduct document collection and search when requested mainly from online sources
- Provide report on work done on a daily and weekly basis
- Catalogue documents collected and organise deliverables according to methods used within RCREEE verification Unit
- Inform team of problems which arise as soon as it happens without postponing
- Suggest improvements and discuss with team before modifying and implementing any initiatives which would alter the pre-set methodology
- Use of phone and Skype and direct contact with team, and the use of collaborative folders to eliminate the abusive use of emails
Requirements and Competencies
- Bachelor’s University degree in engineering, or physics.
- Candidates with an energy statistics background and French language will have an advantage.
- Previous experience using collaborative working tools such as Google drive and Google docs will be a definite advantages.
- Age limit: 25 years
- Summer training/internship will be taken into consideration.
- Excellent command of MS-Excel, and Google collaborative tools
- Punctual for meetings (physical and online)
- Excellent communication in English is mandatory
- Ability to work in an international team and deliver on time
- Ability to follow defined and specific processes and work methods
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both oral and written. French will be a plus.