|Location: Cairo, Egypt
||Contract: One year with a 3-months’ probation period.
|Application Deadline: October 31, 2017
||Application Submission: Send CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties and Responsibilities
The Energy Efficiency Expert will support RCREEE activities as a leading Arab research and advisory center on sustainable energy. The EE Expert will support RCREEE activities as a leading intergovernmental organization with diplomatic status that aims to enable and increase the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency practices in the Arab region. RCREEE teams with regional governments and global organizations to initiate and lead clean energy policy dialogues, strategies, technologies and capacity development in order to increase Arab states’ share of tomorrow’s energy.
RCREEE works in close partnership with the many national, regional and international organizations, and is a leading partner and technical assistance provider along all aspects of the renewable energy domain, such as supporting its member states in creating, managing their investment programmes, accessing relevant concessional finance, introducing, developing and subsequently updating their national energy efficiency action plans (NEEAPs), Solar Heating Arab Mark and Certification Initiative (SHAMCI), Certified Energy Management Professional Program (CEMP), Arab Future Energy Index (AFEX) – Energy Efficiency Edition, Egypt Green Energy Financing Facility (EgyptGEFF), and many others.
RCREEE aims to further strengthen its position as a recognized regional driver on energy Efficiency activities and best practices including all relevant measures for supporting private sector engagement in the implementation of renewable energy activities.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Energy Efficiency Expert will be expected to participate but not limited to in relevant RCREEE activities in the following areas: Managing projects and provision of deep and reliable technical and policy expert advice to member states and a range of clients with thorough analysis positioning RCREEE as a regional knowledge hub on energy efficiency activities and best practices.
- Managing projects and provision of deep and reliable technical and policy expert advice to member states and a range of clients with thorough analysis positioning RCREEE in the region.
- Managing, undertaking and developing a wide range of advisory work with RCREEE’s public and private sector clients along with helping to build expertise within the growing RCREEE teams and for the ultimate objectives of RCREEE member states. The work components are likely to be varied across the sectors and may include:
- Designing and implementing energy efficiency measures and assessing Measurement and Verification (M & V) Plans
- Specification of energy efficiency measures and renewable energy solutions;
- Energy audits in accordance with recognized standards in private and public sector organizations;
- Quality schemes for EE/RE services and products.
- Providing technical assistance services to clients on energy efficiency opportunities
- Providing technical assistance to member states to support the planning and the implementation of energy efficiency strategies, policies, action plans and programs, and help identifying and organizing energy efficiency businesses around a strategically determined energy efficiency policy.
- Work with member states energy utilities, major energy users or energy supply companies (ESCos), banks, and financial institutions as part of RCREEE consulting/advisory capacity.
- Support public-private engagement in different RCREEE projects in the energy efficiency fields.
- Track progress and draft relevant reports and documents. Use analytical skills and experience to prepare technical and policy-relevant reports and papers, such as the AFEX EE edition. High standard of written work is a must (particularly in the writing of formal project reports), including the ability to take complex issues and communicate them to the general public succinctly.
- Interact with the donors and business communities to initiate and develop new projects in co-operation with national, regional and international institutions to expand RCREEE services across the sustainable energy sector, climate change, climate finance, and all related environmental and social safeguards. This will include technical and financial proposals drafting and negotiation with existing and potential partners.
- Contribute to designing and implementing RCREEE energy efficiency business outreach strategy and serve as primary point of outreach for energy efficiency businesses.
- Work as RCREEE energy efficiency liaison/representative to energy efficiency work groups and coalitions across the Arab region, as assigned.
- Write and record the succinct success stories of energy efficiency-related businesses across the Arab region and transmit them in innovative and strategic ways to the high-level officials.
The Energy Efficiency Expert is also responsible for performing the administrative tasks necessary to accomplish her/his job, including but not limited to:
- Filling out time sheets and other office paperwork, as appropriate;
- Carry our properly all reporting requirement as deemed relevant to her/his portfolio of projects
- Participating in and assisting with trainings, mentoring junior staff and capacity building for staff, and member states specialists, including delivering presentations, workshops, and webinars, e-learning and other channels.
- On relevance, attending staff, board and annual meetings, and other meetings and events.
Requirements and Competencies
Minimum qualification requirements:
- The position is open to candidates from RCREEE member states only
- Master’s degree in relevant subjects (e.g. engineering, law & policy, energy and environmental management, energy policy) and 8+ years of professional experience, or Bachelor’s degree in relevant subjects and 10+ years of professional experience, including:
- Familiarity with the energy sector in general and electricity sector in particular, including regulatory development, energy economics, electricity generation, and project development.
- Consulting experience or other client-service based experience.
- Familiarity with financial analysis, project finance and business models.
- Familiarity with socio-economic and environmental dimensions of RE/EE projects
- A working experience with international or regional organization in relevant fields will be considered as an advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with the current RE & EE situation in the Arab region and in the world, including prior knowledge about existing regulatory frameworks, technological preferences, institutional capacities, and RE&EE financing mechanisms.
- Knowledge in quality structure for products and services.
- Proven track record in projects’ management
- Ability to produce high quality comprehensive analysis, and to draft and review reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work under deadline and with multidisciplinary teams and independently with limited senior staff guidance.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with direct client support and interaction.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English. Proficiency in French will be considered as an advantage.
General Terms and Conditions
- The Candidate is required to work from RCREEE’s Cairo office.
Tenure of Appointment
- The initial appointment will be for 12 months including a 3-month probation period.
- Contract renewal will be subject to performance.
- RCREEE is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women and candidates with special needs are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply;
- To apply please send CV and a cover letter highlighting relevant work experience to: email@example.com at the latest by October 31, 2017 with the subject line: Energy Efficiency Expert
Emails without subject line will be automatically discarded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.