|Position: Planning and Development Specialist
||To Apply: Please send detailed CV & cover letter highlighting relevant work experience firstname.lastname@example.org
|Location: Cairo, Egypt
||Deadline: 23 July 2017
The Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) is an intergovernmental organization with diplomatic status that aims to enable and increase the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency practices in the Arab region. RCREEE teams with regional governments and global organizations to initiate and lead clean energy policy dialogues, strategies, technologies and capacity development in order to increase Arab states’ share of tomorrow’s energy.
For information on RCREEE and its activities, please visit http://www.rcreee.org
2- Duties responsibilities
- Support developing partnerships (core focus on Climate Finance) through development of concept notes, development of strategy road maps for action, participating in partner conference calls/meetings
- Professionally and effectively representing RCREEE in such strategy calls/meetings
- Period check-ups of business opportunities/calls for tenders in partner portals (World Bank, EU, EBRD, etc.)
- Support project proposal development, design and coordination
- Assist drafting key sections of grant proposals (such as the justification, strategy, activities, and logical frameworks) in coordination with business development unit
- Support fundraising and grant opportunities through institutional representation and opportunities research/follow up
- Development of unsolicited proposals to submit for funding
- Contact point of RCREEE in partner networks/Agreements such as Green Climate Fund, Union for the Mediterranean and IRENA’s Coalition for Action
- Helps the international relations, fund raising and communication teams to keep records of existing partners’ status, including archiving contract details, stakeholders’ database, documents and ongoing activities.
- Coordinating assigned interns
- Representing RCREEE in conferences, expanding network and seeking new business and funding opportunities
- Identify and subscribe to relevant magazines and news portals to regularly receive news (Renewable Now, Climate Action News, ESI Africa) regarding market development and business opportunities
- University degree in business management, international relations, international development or any other relevant field.
- Master’s degree is a plus.
- Four years of professional experience, including 1-2 years in a development or fundraising position preferably in the development sector.
- Demonstrated track record of writing project proposals.
- Experience and success taking initiative in developing business partnerships.
- Experience working in a similar organization in the fields of RE/EE is preferred.
- Fluency in Arabic and/or English (verbal and written). French is a plus.
- Excellent writing, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex arguments in simple terms
- Clear and effective communication that builds relationships in order to mediate common interests.
- Basic knowledge of development and project tendering processes, fundraising, and stakeholder engagement.
- Basic knowledge of renewable energy and energy efficiency sector.
- Advanced representation and negotiation skills.
- Conceptual and analytical skills.
- High level of computer proficiency (in particular Powerpoint and MS Word).
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation.
4- General terms and conditions
The Planning and Development Specialist is required to work from RCREEE’s Cairo office on a full-time basis
Tenure of Appointment
The initial appointment will be for 12 Months including a 3 months’ probation period.
Contract renewal is subject to performance, business needs and availability of funding.
RCREEE is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply please send the following to email@example.com with “Planning and Development Specialist” as a subject line:
- Detailed CV
- Cover letter highlighting relevant work experience
Deadline: July 23, 2017
Emails without a subject line will be automatically discarded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.