Call for Candidates to the Position of Senior AccountantFebruary 22, 2022
Call for candidates to the position of Senior Financial OfficerFebruary 22, 2022
|Position: Senior Energy Efficiency Expert
|Duration: One year including a 3 month probation period
Location: Cairo – Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
Applying: A covering letter highlighting relevant work experience,and detailed CV to (email@example.com).
1- Objectives, tasks and responsibilities
RCREEE is seeking a Senior Energy Efficiency Expert to support its activities as a leading Arab research and advisory center on sustainable energy. RCREEE works in close partnership with the many national, regional and international organizations, and is a leading partner and technical assistant provider in many projects in the energy efficiency domains, such as supporting its member states in developing their national energy efficiency action plans (NEEAPs), Solar Heating Arab Mark and Certification Initiative (SHAMCI), Compliance Tool for Building Energy Efficiency Code (eQUEST), Arab Future Energy Index (AFEX) – Energy Efficiency Edition, Egypt Sustainable Energy Financing Facility (EgyptSEFF) and many others. RCREEE aims to further strengthen its position as a recognized regional knowledge and information leader on energy efficiency activities and best practices and as a provider of technical assistance to its member states and partners, in addition to supporting private sector engagement in the implementation of energy efficiency activities.
The successful candidate will join an international team in an interdisciplinary work environment located in RCREEE headquarter, Cairo, Egypt.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Energy Efficiency Expert is expected to handle all RCREEE Energy Efficiency projects and activities in the following areas:
- Managing projects and provision of deep and reliable technical and policy expert advice to member states and a range of clients with thorough analysis positioning RCREEE as a regional knowledge hub on energy efficiency activities and best practices;
- Developing new business to expand RCREEE services across the sustainable energy sector.
- Managing and undertaking and developing a wide range of advisory work with RCREEE’s public and private sector clients along with helping to build expertise within the growing RCREEE Team.
- Providing technical assistance to countries to support the planning and the implementation of energy efficiency policies and programs, and help identifying and organizing energy efficiency businesses around a strategically determined energy efficiency policy;
- Supporting public-private engagement in different RCREEE projects in the energy efficiency fields;
- Work as RCREEE energy efficiency liaison/representative to energy efficiency work groups and coalitions across the Arab region.
- Designing and implement RCREEE energy efficiency business outreach strategy and serve as primary point of outreach for energy efficiency businesses.
- Track progress and draft relevant reports and document
- Write and record the succinct success stories of energy efficiency-related businesses across the Arab region and transmit them in innovative and strategic ways to the high level officials.
The Energy Efficiency Expert is also responsible for performing the administrative tasks necessary to accomplish his or her job, including but not limited to:
- Filling out time sheets and other office paperwork, as appropriate;
- Participating in and assisting with trainings for staff, and member states specialists;
- Attending staff, Board and annual meetings, and other meetings and events as assigned
The position is targeting senior candidates with more than 10 years of relevant work experience. The successful candidate should have a degree in engineering, environmental sciences or other relevant discipline, at M.Sc. level or equivalent.
The required competencies include:
- A track-record of delivering energy efficiency projects, with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of energy efficiency policies and technologies,
- The projects components are likely to be varied across the sectors and may include:
- Designing and implementing energy efficiency measures and assessing Measurement and Verification (M & V) Plans
- Specification of energy efficiency measures and renewable energy solutions;
- Energy audits in accordance with recognized Standards in private and public sector organizations ;
- Providing strategic advice to clients on energy efficiency opportunities,.
The successful applicant would be expected to show familiarity with different aspects of all of these areas and be able to demonstrate some specialism with them through reference to written documents and/or experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and experience in preparing technical and policy-relevant reports and papers.
- Substantial experience of work directly with, for, or on behalf of, energy utilities, major energy users or energy supply companies (ESCos). This experience will ideally have been in a consulting/advisory capacity, but could also have been with a regulator or government department.
- High standard of written work (particularly in the writing of formal project reports), including the ability to take complex issues and communicate them to the general public succinctly;
- Experience communicating and interacting with the business community.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate new projects in co-operation with regional and international institutions will be expected.
- Fine-tuned project management and organizational skills, with an ability to work both independently and collaboratively;
- Established network of contacts and the enthusiasm to play a key role in further developing RCREEE’s business in the sector.
Specific experience in the following areas will be highly desirable:
- Quantitative analysis of energy systems and energy efficiency potentials/solutions in different sectors and on macro-level through development and operation of spreadsheet-based models;
- Research and data analysis;
- Project management & resource planning;
- Policy analysis and development;
- Client management and liaison;
- Private sector engagement in energy efficiency;
- Project finance in energy efficiency area; and
- Capacity building including delivering presentations, workshops, webinars, e-learning and other mediums.
Arab countries experience is highly preferred.
Fluency in Arabic and English is mandatory, French is a plus. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
The candidate must have experience with online and traditional communications and advocacy. She/he should pose solid computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office. She/he must possess exceptional problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills to troubleshoot and resolve project issues and challenges with strong attention to detail and deadline orientated.
The applicant is expected to show a general understanding of renewable energy and environmental issues and RCREEE politics combined with a commitment to the mission and vision of RCREEE. She/he is expected to contribute to the development of the RCREEE and to propose improvements in policies and procedures as appropriate.
3- General Terms and Conditions
The Senior Energy Efficiency Expert is required to work from RCREEE’s Cairo office on a full-time basis.
The initial appointment will be for one year including a 3 months probation period with possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
RCREEE is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 November 2016. Please attach:
- A covering letter highlighting relevant work experience, expected package and indicating motivation
- Detailed CV
Please indicate in Message Subject: Senior Energy Efficiency Expert.
Emails without a subject line will be automatically discarded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.