The Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) is an intergovernmental organization with diplomatic status that aims to enable and increase the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency practices across Pan-Arab countries and is the official technical arm institution of both League of Arab State – Energy Department and Arab Ministerial Council for Electricity (AMCE).
RCREEE teams-up with governments, international organizations, IFIs and Private Sector via several forms of partnerships to initiate and lead clean energy policy dialogues, strategies, technologies, managing the facilitation of RE investment platforms and capacity development in order to increase Arab states’ share of tomorrow’s modern energy solutions.
More about RCREEE: https://www.rcreee.org/node/279/
DIAPOL-CE agreement will have a global objective to endorse the utilization of sustainable energy technologies while putting an eye on transformation patterns future energy markets and its impact on the region’s member states.
Duties and Responsibilities
The LAS Energy Advisor will be responsible to perform the following tasks:
- Managing projects and provision of deep and reliable technical and policy advice to member states and a range of clients with thorough the LAS ED activities and best practices.
- Managing, undertaking, and developing a wide range of advisory work with LAS’s internal work.
- Providing technical services to energy department at LAS
- Providing technical assistance to countries to support the planning and the implementation of strategies, policies, action plans and programs.
- Work with member states energy related organizations and authorities, major energy users or energy supply companies, financial institutions and international organizations.
- Track progress and draft relevant reports and documents. Use analytical skills and experience to prepare technical and policy-relevant reports and papers. High standard of written work in Arabic and English is necessary (particularly in the writing of formal project reports), including the ability to take complex issues and communicate them to the public succinctly.
- Following up LAS guides and action plans on Renewable energy and energy efficiency and help elaborate their various measures of implementation.
- Support LAS policy governance system implementation and evaluation.
- Support for RE&EE technical committee, the Executive Bureau, and the Ministerial council for electricity meetings.
- Support to reporting, facilitation of regional initiatives of LAS energy department regarding RE & EE and climate change mitigation.
The LAS Energy Advisor is also responsible for performing the administrative tasks necessary to accomplish his job, including but not limited to:
- Filling out time sheets and other office paperwork, as appropriate.
- Prepare a bi-monthly information “tickers” to LAS
- Participating in and assisting with trainings and capacity building for staff, and member states specialists, including delivering presentations, workshops, webinars, e-learning and other channels.
- Attending and preparing for staff, committee and ministerial meetings, and other meetings and events as assigned.
- Provide/report summarized feedbacks on the impact of different regional and international events/decisions/projects of concern to the LAS energy department.
Monitoring, Reporting and Services
Monitoring of output indicators including data sources, documents, yearly monitoring cycle will be implemented via different reporting schemes as follows:
1- Monthly time sheets
2- Bi-Monthly tickers that shows the process of the agreement implementation
3- Mid-tem and final reports. The reports show the processes and the achievements. The reports will include specific paragraph describing the status of each indicator. Within the reports all supportive documents, information and data that illustrate the status of each deliverable will be explained.
Required qualifications & experience
The expert expected to fulfil the following requirements:
- Advanced university degree in energy, energy management, energy planning, renewable engineering, or other energy relevant fields, as well as economics or policy development.
- At least 10 years of experience in energy sector including implementation of sustaianble energy strategies and energy policy deployment at international or regional level, preferably with further experience in the Arab region.
- Familiar with evaluation, analysis and utilization of economic and sector specific (energy related) statistics.
- Proven working relationship with national and international stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of the sustainable energy context in the Arab region, socio-economic and technological development sectoral perspective (especially transport sector).
- In-depth knowledge in institutional, regulatory and legal frameworks for sustainable energy, including the of policies and supporting measures, administrative procedures, etc.
- Proven track record of similar experience .
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
RCREEE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
Interested Expert must submit her/his CV along with cover letter to demonstrate their qualifications to email@example.com with no later than Thursday February 3, 2022 at 04:00pm (Cairo Time).
- Please mention the position title “LAS Energy Advisor – your name” in the subject field of the e-mail.
- Selected expert will sign a contract as of the date of joining until October 31, 2022, which can be extended according to budget availability and performance.