RCREEE calls for candidates for the position “Sustainable Energy Finance Senior Specialist”February 22, 2022
RCREEE calls for candidates for the position of “Accountant”February 22, 2022
Position: Sustainable Energy Project Analyst
|Duration: 12 month with renewal posibility
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Deadline: March 31, 2019
The Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) is an intergovernmental organization with diplomatic status that aims to enable and increase the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency practices in the Arab region. RCREEE teams with regional governments and global organizations collaborate to initiate and lead clean energy policy dialogues, strategies, technologies and capacity development in order to increase Arab states’ share of tomorrow’s energy.
Duties and Responsibilities
The “Sustainable Energy Project Analyst” is expected to contribute to RCREEE technical support to Arab countries and in promoting RE and EE deployment in the region. The SE Project Analyst’s duties and responsibilities include:
- Conducts RE and EE projects as well as monitoring and evaluation activities of sustainable energy trends in RCREEE member states including current energy production and consumption patterns, sustainable energy policies development and market transition.
- Identifies reliable sources and gathers data on sustainable energy in RCREEE member states.
- Prepares and develops studies, reports, analytical briefs of a publishable quality for internal and external stakeholders.
- Formulates clear and comprehensive recommendations on the improvement of energy efficiency in RCREEE member states with focus on the specificities of each region.
- Provides a comprehensive analysis and evaluation of policy and market transformation measures adopted by RCREEE member states in the national energy efficiency and renewable energy action plans.
- Provides an effective support to RCREEE member states in their efforts to promote renewable energy and energy efficiency focusing on energy planning, overcoming market barriers and challenges through formulating policies and support schemes, identifying financing mechanism, providing capacity building and training activities.
- Maintains regular and effective communication with RCREEE member states, partner institutions, and relevant stakeholders on issues related to sustainable energy.
- Collaborate with RCREEE team in preparing press releases, publications, analytical briefs ad other communication materials related to projects.
- In consultation with and subject to the approval of the project manager, conceptualizes project activities, drawing on the views of experts and, stakeholders in the field and political context of the proposed activities; organizes consultation meeting, develops project plans, budgets, and other project- related management documents.
- Oversees and supervises the implementation of project activities, and ensures quality and impact of all project activities.
- Represents RCREEE on issues related to sustainable energy at public events, at meetings with RCREEE member states and partners in national and regional conferences and seminars.
Required Knowledge and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering in a relevant field, master’s degree is a plus.
- More than 7 years’ experience in sustainable energy analysis and deployment, particularly in the Arab Region.
- In-depth knowledge of law, regulations, principles, procedures and practices related to improving energy efficiency and renewable energy in the Arab region.
- Proven expertise in RE and EE fields and involvement in the development of national or regional RE or EE strategies and concrete projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team and independently with guidance from senior staff.
- Excellent leadership, communication, problem solving and project management skills.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- Experience in direct client interaction, consultation, and support.
General Terms and Conditions
- The Candidate is required to work from RCREEE’s Cairo office.
Tenure of Appointment
- The initial appointment is project-based for a duration of 12 months including a 3-month probation period
- Contract extension will be subject to performance, needs and availability of funds.
- RCREEE is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
- To apply please send CV and a cover letter highlighting relevant work experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest by March 31, 2019 with the subject line: ” Sustainable Energy Project Analyst”
Emails without subject line will be automatically discarded
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted