Diesel to Solar (D2S) InitiativeMay 1, 2020
RCREEE completed a market assessment study on methods for the support of up-scaling photovoltaic (PV) solar energy for self-consumption in Jordan. The market assessment was conducted in collaboration with the International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics (IIIEE) of Lund University. The study presents the current status of distributed solar PV market development, identifies key barriers and drivers for up-scaling PV for self-consumption and discusses the impact of recent regulatory changes in Jordan. As a part of RCREEE’s efforts to promote private sector investment, the report mainly focuses on commercial and industrial sectors, solar PV and generation of electricity for self-consumption.
- “Up-scaling Solar PV for Self-Consumption in the Jordanian Market” report
- Analysis on sector-specific barriers to solar photovoltaic (PV) up-scaling for self-consumption in Jordan
- A set of key recommendations targeting relevant stakeholders across public and private sectors
- 18 interviews, 2 roundtable discussions, 1 seminar, and 2 public presentations
- Support the increase of private investments in solar photovoltaic (PV) for self-consumption in Jordan
- Promote other supporting industries for solar PV in Jordan and create jobs