RCREEE joins technical visit on monitoring programs of soaring and migratory birds in Gulf of SuezOctober 11, 2021
Kitchener Drainage Depollution Project (KDDP) carries out topographical surveys for Dakahlia sitesNovember 4, 2021
The GN-SEC cooperates with the Alliance for Rural Electrification (ARE), the International Copper Alliance (ICA), the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) and other partners on the Cornerstone of Rural Electrification (CORE) initiative. The mission of CORE is to enable resilient rural and peri-urban communities by ensuring safety, efficiency and reliability become the cornerstone of decentralised electrification.
The initiative has mobilised initial resources and offers technical assistance to:
• Practitioners (including design engineers, technicians, installers and operators) on aspects related to improving safety, efficiency and reliability of decentralised electrification projects
• Communities (especially women) on productive use of electricity
• Governments on enhancing the policy and regulatory framework in support of decentralised electrification
CORE offers its technical assistance through:
• CORE Academy: an online training platform providing certified training for DRE practitioners
• Cooperation with ongoing or planned projects focused on decentralised rural electrification
• Tailored assistance based on requests
• Resource library: a collection of decentralised renewable energy (DRE) training materials and guidelines
CORE is of particular interest to GN-SEC regions with lack of access to electricity services in rural areas or remote islands. GN-SEC will partner with CORE on the development and execution of joint tools, trainings and projects.