Assessment of the Status of Solar PV in Yemen
In 2016, the World Bank commissioned RCREEE to assess the existing market structures, potentials and needs of Solar PV in Yemen.
RCREEE conducted an in-depth study on PV technologies, which penetrated the market as the only way to get electricity in certain areas for both off-grid communities as well as groups affected by the war, recurrent power shortages and as a new alternative to the expensive and often unreliable electricity sources. The study explored and discussed different options and business models for the engagement of international actors and active national to enhance the sustainability of the Solar PV market in Yemen. Besides, the study identified financing needs priorities across different critical sectors of the Yemeni economy.
- Sustainable Energy Policies and Technical Support
- Energy Market Research and Knowledge Management
- Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Private Sector Promotion
- Sustainable Energy Finance and Investment Promotion
- Environmental & Socio-Economic Analysis & Support
- Certification & Standardization Services
- Capacity & Human Development