GEFF Egypt is the first mechanism to finance EE projects in the Egypt during the last 20 years where technical support were only provided by development finance institutions. The program aims to promote and finance EE and RE investments. As a pioneer intiative, GEFF helps Egyptian businesses to become more competitive by investing in high-performing technologies through providing financing.
The facility supports Egypt’s green economy transition with €140 million of financing for energy efficiency and small-scale renewable energy investments to help reduce the impact of growing energy prices through investments. GEFF operates locally through Participating Financial Institutions ( Alex Bank,QNB Alahli and NBK).The loans are subject to their credit evaluation and approval.
RCREEE hosts GEFF team and provides provides technical and financial evaluation of sustainable energy projects to be funded by the facility. In additio, RCREEE provides capacity building trainings for local banks participating in the program. GEFF Egypt is a product of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), working in cooperation with the Agence Française de Développement (AFD) and the European Investment Bank (EIB).
Visit GEFF-Egypt webpage for more details: https://ebrdgeff.com/egypt/
- Sustainable Energy Policies and Technical Support
- Energy Market Research and Knowledge Management
- Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Private Sector Promotion
- Sustainable Energy Finance and Investment Promotion
- Environmental & Socio-Economic Analysis & Support
- Certification & Standardization Services
- Capacity & Human Development