Industrial Energy Efficiency Fund (IEEF) in Egypt
In September 2018, the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), the Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE), and the Egyptian Environmental Affairs Agency (EEAA) signed a Cooperation Protocol for the operation of the Industrial Energy Efficiency Fund (IEEF) in Egypt. Accordingly, RCREEE acts as the Fund manager.
The IEEF is a financial instrument that supports the delivery of technical services for the industrial energy efficiency in Egypt through an Energy Management Assistance (EnMA) Service.
EnMA Service aims to identify and assess measures for industrial facilities to improve their energy performance and consequently enhance their competitiveness and reduce their environmental footprint.
UNIDO certified experts deliver EnMA Service which subsidized through the IEEF. Chosen Industrial facilities only provide an in-kind contribution through internal human resources.
The project is designed for public and private companies in Egypt.
- RCREEE conducted 30 field visits to industrial institutions interested in the EnMA service and initial data analysis
- 15 factories are currently benefiting from EnMA service
For more details, please contact:
- Eng. Ahmed Khalil ([email protected])
- Eng. Ahmed Atef ([email protected])
- IEEF Fund team ([email protected])
- Sustainable Energy Policies and Technical Support
- Energy Market Research and Knowledge Management
- Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Private Sector Promotion
- Sustainable Energy Finance and Investment Promotion
- Environmental & Socio-Economic Analysis & Support
- Certification & Standardization Services
- Capacity & Human Development