LibyaApril 25, 2020
MauritaniaApril 25, 2020
Morocco relies mostly on fossil fuels to meet its domestic energy demand. Fossil fuels account for about 68% of installed capacity in Morocco. The remaining 32% are from renewable energy resources; mostly hydro, wind and solar. Though Morocco produces some oil and natural gas for domestic consumption, it has to import the majority of its fossil fuel needs. 93% of Morocco’s total primary energy consumption comes from oil, natural gas and coal. The country is seeking to meet its growing energy demand with fewer imports by tapping into its vast renewable energy potential. The government aims to generate 52% of electricity from renewable resources by 2030, focusing mostly on solar and wind energy. The government also seeks to reduce energy consumption by 20% by 2030.
Morocco is a RCREEE member state since 2008.
We are honored to present RCREEE representatives in Morocco as follows
|Board of Trustees Member
Eng. Amina OUATTASSI
Head of Energy Efficiency Unit
Director of Strategy and Development – Moroccan Agency for Energy Efficiency (AMEE)
November 2, 2021: As part of the activities of the second phase of the meetMED project, the Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE),
June 2021: Following the submission of CTCN membership request, RCREEE joins CTCN and its efforts to deliver technology solutions, capacity building and implementation advice to developing