MoroccoApril 25, 2020
PalestineApril 25, 2020
Mauritania is mostly reliant on fossil fuels to meet its domestic energy demand. Fossil fuels account for about 66% of primary energy consumption, while the remaining 34% come from biomass, which is mostly used for cooking and heating. Electricity is mainly generated through thermal diesel engine generators. Due to increasing domestic energy demand and insufficient installed power capacity, total energy consumption exceeds national energy production by about 35%, resulting mostly in importation of fossil fuels. The country is seeking to meet its growing energy demand with fewer fuel imports by integrating renewable energy as a source of power. By 2015 and 2020, Mauritania aims to achieve 15% and 20% respectively of primary energy consumption to come from renewable energy, excluding biomass.
Mauritania is a RCREEE member state since 2014.
We are honored to present RCREEE representatives in Mauritania as follows
|Board of Trustees Member|
Eng. Mohamed YARGUETT
Mr. Jemal Ahmed Mahmoud
Electrical Engineer, Energy and Electricity control Unit
Mauritania chairs the Board of Trustees of the Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) at the twentieth BoT meeting held in Cairo.
Mauritania chairs the Board of Trustees of the Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) at the twentieth BoT meeting held in Cairo. Engineer
June 2021: RCREEE is joining forces with the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) to support data gathering and analysis on female participation in renewable energy focusing