Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate will be responsible to carry out all business development activities for the RCREEE working under the supervision of the head of the planning department, this will include the following:
- Looking for and investigate through all possible channels and connections about business opportunities/calls for tenders in partner portals (World Bank, EU, EBRD, etc.) and all other possible sources.
- Project proposals development, design and coordination including writing full proposals Grant and unsolicited proposals (such as the justification, strategy, activities, and logical frameworks) in coordination with business development unit
- Contribute to fundraising activities and grant opportunities through institutional representation and opportunities research/follow up
- Developing partnerships and building consortiums.
- Development of concept notes, strategies, road maps for action, participating in partner conference calls/meetings
- Professionally and effectively representing RCREEE in such strategy calls/meetings
- Act as contact point of RCREEE in partner networks/Agreements such as Green Climate Fund, Union for the Mediterranean and IRENA’s Coalition for Action
- Contribute to the international relations, fund raising and communication teams to keep records of existing partners’ status, including archiving contract details, stakeholders’ database, documents and ongoing activities.
- Coordinating assigned interns
- Representing RCREEE in conferences, expanding network and seeking new business and funding opportunities
- Identify and subscribe to relevant magazines and news portals to regularly receive news (Renewable Now, Climate Action News, ESI Africa) regarding market development and business opportunities
- Take part of the overall planning processes and reporting of RCREEE
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree in relevant discipline and relevant postgraduate studies is a must
- Up to 8 Years of Experience in planning, development, and climate finance
- Solid experience in monitoring action plans implementation including measuring and creating performance indicators
- Experience in resource planning is essential
- Demonstrated track record of writing project proposals.
- Experience in EU, UN, WB tendering procedures
- Work history in international firms that have similar job requirements preferably in the field of energy
- Experience and success taking initiative in developing business partnerships.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written). French is a plus
- Excellent writing, public speaking and presentation skills
- Clear and effective communication and negotiation skills that builds relationships in order to mediate common interests.
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation.
General Terms and Conditions:
The Business Development Senior Specialist is required to work from RCREEE’s Cairo office on a full-time basis
Tenure of Appointment
The initial appointment will be for 12 Months including a 3 months’ probation period.
Contract renewal is subject to performance, business needs and availability of funding.
RCREEE is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply please send the following to email@example.com with “Planning and Business Development Senior Specialist” as a subject line:
- Detailed CV
- Cover letter highlighting relevant work experience
Deadline: January 25, 2020
Emails without a subject line will be automatically discarded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.